case western reserve university ONE-TO-ONE FITNESS CENTER
The One to One Fitness Center was a joint venture between Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland. The scope of the project was to refurbish the original 1880 gymnasium, the 1918 Field House, a 1947 building, and construct an addition to improve the functionality of the facility. Payto Architects was also responsible for developing an aesthetic to tie all the buildings together into one facility. The new construction was required to not only complement all three existing buildings, but also the entire campus as a whole. Program for the space includes: aerobics room, cardio space, health food service, locker rooms and four indoor pools.
1995 AIA Historic Preservation & Adaptive Use
1989 AIA Honor Award